When thoughts of "this diet will be too difficult" enter your mind, acknowledge them, but don’t let them overpower you. Because, of course, you can do this and life will be better because of your decision to eliminate gluten from your diet.
Regina Brett embraces the big picture well in her book "God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours." My favorite lessons could apply to the start of a gluten-free life:
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Whatever doesn't kill you, really does make you stronger.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
- Believe in miracles.